Tips and Advice from the DROPS Design Team
Below please find a few basic guidelines to help you achieve the best results.
- Yarn: Don’t spoil a great design by using the wrong yarn.
- Knitting tension: Keep to the knitting tension. The recommended needle size is only a guide and you may have to go up/down a needle size to obtain the correct knitting tension.
- Measurement chart: All measurements are in cm.
- Diagram: Please read the diagrams as follows: Begin in the lower right-hand corner and work towards the left. In some patterns, an arrow under the diagram indicates the staring point for this particular pattern. All diagrams are seen from the right side and 1 square represents 1 row x 1 st, unless otherwise stated. The English explanations to the symbols are indicated in the pattern itself and the explanations follow the order of the equal symbols (=) in the diagram. I.e., if the first symbol in the Scandinavian diagram says: ¦ = ret fra retten, the explanation in the translated pattern will be the first equal symbol: = knit from right side.
- Increases: If pattern says: “increase 1 st 10 times on 3rd and 4th row alternately”, knit as follows: *knit 2 rows, inc on 3rd row, knit 3 rows, inc on 4th row*, repeat from *-* a total of 5 times.
- Washing: Always follow the washing instructions. Keep the labels, as these are your proof of purchase.
- Pattern: We have thoroughly checked all our patterns and the wool requirements, but make reservations for possible errors. If you encounter any problems or have any queries, please contact your local wool shop or visit www.garnstudio.com for further assistance. Here you’ll find a complete list of corrections made after the Drops catalogues were published.
You will find thousands of free DROPS knitting patterns at www.garnstudio.com Our webpages are financed through the sale of our yarn qualities. If you're satisfied we humbly ask you to support our pages by buying GARNSTUDIO yarns.